"Garfield House" Salad


I've had numerous
people tell me
this was the best
salad they ever ate.

Dressing Ingredients:
3 C small button mushrooms
1 C hemp seeds
1/2 C cashews
1/2 C sun-dried tomatoes
1 C roasted sweet peppers
3-4 T olive oil
3/4 C cooking sherry
1-2 T white pepper
1-2 T Paprika
1 t Mrs. Dash's Southwest Chipotle seasoning
2 t Italian seasoning
1-2 T fresh garlic

Salad Ingredients:
Spring Greens
Artichoke Hearts
Olives, black or green
1-2 Avocados diced






Directions:
First, sauté dressing ingredients.
Cook until cashews are tender.

Remove from heat and put in
salad bowl, chill in refrigerator
for 30-45 minutes. Don't let the
sauce get too cold, you just don't
want it to be warm as it will
make the lettuce wilt.

Once it has cooled, add your
choice of greens, I prefer a
spring greens mix. Add artichoke hearts,
olives (I prefer green, but used
black as most of my family doesn't
like green olives), 1-2 avocados diced.
Mix thoroughly.

Leave a Reply

About Me

My photo
This blog is by Stenar. I like to be very active, eat healthy, exercise my body and my mind. I love to dance and I love music and most of all I love Sissel. ;) hehe Check out my Sissel web page: The Sissel Website BUY MY T-SHIRT!