KONTORET



I recently painted
my office and
put up that
arty sign that
says KONTORET,
which means
[THE OFFICE]
in Norwegian.


DETAILS
To create this sign,
I bought an old book
from the thrift store
and drew the letters
on individual pages
with a marker. The
cyan letters (which
look more cyan in
person than show in
this photo) make me
really happy against
the sunny yellow
backdrop.


On the left is a cover of a
newspaper article I wrote
in college about the singer
Sissel from Norway,
after she'd done the
Titanic soundtrack.
I had her sign the image
when I first met her.
You can read the article here.
On the right is a poster designed
by my friend Martin Venezky.
We worked together on the
Sundance Film Festival.
My house is full of his posters.
You may buy some of his
work at the SFMOMA
or a really cool poster
from ThirdBay Letterpress.


On the left is a crafty
purse made from an old
persian rug. It used to
belong to my mother. She
found it at a thrift store
way back in the '70s.
The baby doll peeking
out was made by my sister.
On the right is a 'ryggsekk'
or Norwegian leather backpack
I got while I was living
in Norway. These leather
backpacks are amazing.
I highly recommend you get one.

One Response so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    I want that backpack

Leave a Reply

About Me

My photo
This blog is by Stenar. I like to be very active, eat healthy, exercise my body and my mind. I love to dance and I love music and most of all I love Sissel. ;) hehe Check out my Sissel web page: The Sissel Website BUY MY T-SHIRT!